Sunday 9 December 2012

Review: Benefit Ticket to Glossy Town | LivingClassyandFabulous





I thought it was time for a review and I thought I would do it on the wonderful Benefit lipglosses. I didnt really plan on doing my review for this week on the Ticket to Glossy Town Lipgloss Collection as I only found it a couple of days ago. However as soon as I tried and tested all of them to get a reliable honest opinion I had to share my thoughts with you all!

Once I opened the packet I had to swatch all of them as colours in the tubes can be very deceptive, so a top tip is always swatch them in the shop if you can before you buy them! As I was bought it as a present, I couldnt do my research beforehand but I seemed to love the colours anyway. Anyway, I have started rambling so lets get started!









1. Life on the A list- This is a really lovely pink sparkly colour! It does have glittery bits in it so if you only like matte lips then maybe this isn't for you, however I really like to put lipgloss over lipstick! If you do put this colour over a lipstick it does tend to just add sparkle and no colour so bear that in mind! It has a really good texture and it does not really dry out your lipgloss however there is not moisture in the lip glosses  at all!   





2. Foxy Lady- This is a gorgeous bright pink shaded lipgloss! I think this colour is really great to both put over a lipstick or just by itself. I would definitely recommend it to a person who doesnt like a lipstick but wants some colour in their lips! It is not as bright as it looks in the tube though so always swatch before you buy! 






3. Kiss you- This is a luscious pink/purple. It is darker than the others as the others are quite sparkly and this is quite a bit more matte! However it is still a lipgloss and so still leaves a shine effect. I loved this colour as it made my lips stand out without wearing a lipstick! I would recommend this colour to anyone who doesn't always want to wear pink all the time! 






4. So Frisk me- This is my favourite colour out of them all as it is not your traditional pink or red but a sparkly in-between  It is not as dark as Kiss you but it still is one of the darkest on the lips. I love it and as it is my favourite I would definitely repurchase a big one of these if they have them! The texture is the same as the others and it does have glitter in it!  






5. Spiked Punch- This colour can only be described as a bright summer colour. I would say it is in-between an orange and a coral colour. I like it but I dont love it as I dont think it looks good over lipstick and to be honest that is what I mostly wear it over! It is a nice colour on its own but I have trouble finding a lipstick to put it under!  





6. Nudie-Tude- This is one of the most sheer and nude shades I have ever tried that contains sparkles! It is very sheer so I wouldn't use it if I am going out but if I dont want to put on a particular dark or bright colour this is perfect! It also looks good on top of all my lipsticks as it just makes my lips look sparkly and doesn't take away from the colour! This is a great colour so I would recommend it for school or home! 



Shade Swatches:

1. Life on the A-List
2. Foxy Lady
3. Kiss you 
4. So Frisk Me
5. Spiked Punch
6. Nudie-Tube


No comments:

Post a Comment